The Mission and Vision behind TKP
The Kukhoma Project exists for God’s glory to rescue teen mothers who have been victims of abuse, to restore, equip and empower these girls and their communities.
As these women who have held little value in their society as well as through their own eyes are immersed without judgment in physical, emotional, mental and spiritual care, a transformational paradigm shift begins to take hold.
Through relationships in the community and artisan groups established and nurtured by The Kukhoma project, these women are empowered economically, restored spiritually, and have hope for leading lives outside the cycle of poverty and abuse.
• We value the Gospel and rely on its power for spiritual, emotional and physical restoration and transformation of all people.
• We value prayer as the greater work.
• We value the dignity of all life. Every life has value regardless of the circumstances it was created in.
• We value family unification and supporting a mother’s role in her family.
• We value education for all and uphold the right of all girls to be educated and attend school.
• We value influencing cultural norms that marginalize girls andwomen to esteem them as valuable, contributing members of society.
• We value integrity and transparency as stewards of all financial and physical resources to not compromise or detract from The Kukhoma Project mission.
• We value sharing The Kukhoma Project story with humility and grace while engaging partners to invest their gifts, time and resources for God’s glory and their good.
Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
We believe in the Trinity, that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work, and His Personal return in power and glory.
We believe in the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a holy life.
We believe in the Unity of the Spirit of all believers, the Church, the Body of Christ.
We believe in the Salvation of lost and sinful man through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith apart from works, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
We believe in the Resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.